Make a top ten list of favorite things to do you haven’t done in over a year
1. rode the zipper! i love roller coasters and other amusement park rides. well, i should say, i like amusement park rides that don’t spin laterally like famous disney tea cups. i am can go head over tails and be just fine.
2. gotten a pedicure. ah how i miss it, and wow do my toes look icky. i did try to do mine myself, but between my shaky hands and the squirm’s curious fingers, it isn’t pretty.
3. worked out regularly. finding the time and energy has been quite a challenge.
4. slept more than 4 hours in a row. of course that is something i haven’t done in more like, 3.5 years.
6. spent an afternoon with friends at the coffee shop. i used to love spending long summer or spring afternoons at starbucks, chatting and people watching
8. listened to live music. hopefully we can take the kids to kerrville this year for the kids’ concerts.
9. had a day off. yeah, i don’t expect to have one for at least 17 more years.
10. you know, i can’t even think of a tenth thing! maybe watched a movie all the way through? read a magazine cover to cover? had more than one haircut in a year?
it was surprisingly difficult to make this list. i thought it was going to be cinch when i sat down. i guess what that means is that i haven’t really given up doing that many things since having the boys, and some of the things i could do, with a little discipline and determination.