i thought i would just make a list of all the things i hope to get done over the break. just on the off chance i find myself sitting around doing nothing.
1. repaint the dining room table. the first time i did not use high quality paint, and even though i am not the world’s best housekeeper, i had wiped the table down so many times that the paint was wearing off. i got one coat done this afternoon, one more and it will be good.
2. build pea palace in raised bed #2. check! i actually got this done today! i used some old cedar posts from my mom’s place and built myself a rustic trellis for my climbing veggies. so far i have a couple of zucchini plants, a few yellow squash, and some snow peas in place.
3. find some cauliflower plants, and some sugar snap pea seeds to plant in the beds. i think mr stripey and the broccoli need some company. actually the onions are going like gangbusters. i think we are going to have a bumper crop. i should plant some garlic out there too.
4. start on the quilt. probably the scariest, most daunting task. i think the squirm and mr p are going to visit the dfw grandparents, so maybe i can work on that while i am here with squirticus.
6. stop by the knitting store and see if i can get some yarn wound. the last time i tried to do it myself i ended up with a large mess.
7. play in art journal!
8. take at least one nap.